Saturday, January 10, 2009

Fat Clothes

So I have this party to go to on Sunday. My friend is celebrating an essay published in Self magazine. She and her husband live in a spectacular apartment in midtown. Her hubby is famous in the music industry. Her wardrobe looks like a professional stylist attends her each morning. What the heck am I going to wear? All of my nice/hip clothes are now two small for me. When I hit size six, I gave all my fat clothes to goodwill except for my size 24 jeans(I made them into an art project) I thought that not having the clothes around would make it easier to maintain, that I would never let myself get to size 14. In the past four years I've been creeping up there. I had to buy a few size tens. Then a size twelve. And now I really need a 14, but I refuse to buy any clothes because that would mean I accept this weight. I am not ready to do that. Since I am a nurse, I don't need a professional wardrobe, so I run around in the same pair of jeans. Right now my weight loss goals have nothing to do with health, but economics. I have the wardrobe, I just need to fit into it.

2 comments:

Amelia Pontes said...

I'm guessing the party has already happened and I'm hoping you found something fabulous to wear anyways. =)

Heather Waghelstein said...

I did my friend let me borrow something that looked great. The party was good fun and I met up with someone I hadn't seen in a while. Thanks