Monday, July 13, 2009

Plugging Away

Hello friends,

I have done very well this week not thinking about it. I did have one faux paus: I stepped on the scale and I went up. I attribute this to bloat and having already eaten. I vowed not to return until my Ann Taylor size 10 petite jeans loosened. Putting those jeans back on was awesome;they make my man-thighs look smaller. And I hadn't worn them in two years. I will never lose to excess again. But I'll toss them on the top shelf when I slip size 8 Banana Republics.

Next Saturday I do my second New York City Road Runners Run, the Run for Central Park. It's my favorite place in the world, I will do anything to keep it just as it is. It's a 4 miler and I am going for 50 minutes and no stopping on the hills. To this end, I have powered myself up the hills(which are brutal in CP) giving myself the option of walking at the top. I never do. It's easy once you get to the top. So I have three more training days, Tues-Thurs with a rest on Friday. Tired thighs are the running devil's plaything. I had a great run on Sunday, pacing an 11:38. But I am really going for the 11 minute mile mark for this run and the next.

I'll keep everyone posted.

1 comment:

jessicafill said...

I love reading about how driven you are - it makes me feel that much more compelled to help you with your child, Sebastian. People only wish they can dream big AND follow through, and I feel honored to be in the presence who does just that.

You GO GIRL.