Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Live and Enjoy

I love food and I love to workout, so that's good. One balances the other. I would like to get to a point that I can stop obsessing about food and exercise. I feel that lately I get so crazy about checking my weight and clothing and heart rate. When can I get to the place where I am just me. Doing what I want to do. With the blog's help I discovered I had to give up the dairy and chocolate. When can I just be a person that eats certain foods when she is hungry and stops when she is full. When can I just be a person who runs for forty minutes. I am always thinking about the next hurdles: run the 5K then a 10K, then the marathon, climb the 5.6 then the 5.7. Can't I just live in the moment when it comes to food and exercise.

Does living in the moment remove goal-oriented thinking? Is this a bad thing? Would I be able to do both. Live in the moment and have goals.

All the major granola crunchy spiritualities boast that living in the moment opens doors to lifelong bliss. But then if I am blissful all the time it doesn't matter what I do next. Or does it? Where is the line between ambition and obsession
Trying to wrap my cranium around this one.

2 comments:

H.K. said...

I totally relate to your post! I love food and working out, but I hate it when I obsess over it. I want to one day wake up and not have to think about it. Maybe one day it will.

Heather Waghelstein said...

Hopefully we will both be enlightened soon. But for now, i guess it's better to obsess and be healthy than the alternative.